Participants are strongly encouraged within Phoenix Recovery to expand their environment and support network. It is essential for them to travel within the Austin community and around the surrounding areas of Chicago. They are expected to make contacts and engage others to develop opportunities for volunteer, employment, and education. The information below will be helpful for the various options to travel within the community.
As a resident of Phoenix Recovery House, you are allowed to check out our shared resources of public transportation cards. There are a limited number of Pace cards that can be checked out. These are for use on public transit systems within the community. Review the policies for these.
If you meet certain guidelines, you could qualify for discounted or free transportation. Please contact the Recovery Resources Coordinator for more information to obtain your own transportation.
- Regional Transportation Authority (RTA)
- Chicago Transit Authority (CTA)
- PACE Buses – Fixed bus routes throughout Chicago
- Ventra Cards – the fare payment system for Pace and the CTA
- DIVVY Bikes – Community program for renting shared bicycles
- JUMP by Uber – Electric Bicycles and Scooters for rent.
- Electric Scooters – ten companies are participating in the pilot program in Chicago. Bird, Lime, Lyft, Bolt, Grüv, Jump, Sherpa, Spin, VeoRide, and Wheels provide renting options with their mobile apps.
- Bicycles – there are bike racks available around Phoenix Recovery Support Services that to secure these to if you have one.
There are resources available to qualifying individuals. Examples include students, veterans, medical appointments and job training. Ask for details if you believe you are eligible.