As a citizen of the United States and a resident of Chicago, there are available assets to qualifying individuals. Proof of identification and verification of residency, age, re-entry and military service can be gateways to assisting with resources throughout the community, city and state. In some situations, the requirements for the identification are different if you are homeless or recently released from a correctional facility.
Below are website links to agencies and organizations for obtaining personal identification and credentials. For further detailed information, contact the Recovery Resources Coordinator.
- Chicago CityKey Card – identification for Chicago residents
- Birth Certificate from the county and state you were born in
- State Identification – Driver’s License, Re-entry, Homeless and Voter IDs
- Federal Social Security Number (SSN) from the Social Security Agency
- Veteran Identification for service members-Replacing information tips
- Chicago Library Card – for borrowing materials, using computers, etc.